Buyers Premium 24% (including vat) Online bidding fee 6% (including vat)
We will be able to arrange in house shipping for most non breakable lots but please contact us before bidding to check.
All enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp on 07432 056261. Auction week enquiries please call the saleroom 01752 254740.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not accept Credit or Debit Card payments over the phone or in person, for amounts in excess of £1,000. Successful bidders are welcome to arrange payment via bank transfer. Information can be obtained directly from the auctioneer.
Buyers Premium is 20% plus VAT (ie 24%)
Lots purchased online with the-saleroom.com will attract an additional charge for this service in the sum of 5% of the hammer price plus VAT at the rate imposed
Please register for this sale at the earliest opportunity, allowing us time to verify and register you. We cannot guarantee that your registration will be approved if you sign up to bid on the morning of the sale or during the auction.
Commission Bids & Condition reports - the cut off point for commission bids and condition reports is 6.00pm on the Tuesday, the day prior to the sale.
We can only accept phone bids on items with an estimate of £500 or over. Subject to Availability.
Payment for lots bought will be taken from the Debit/Credit card registered with the-saleroom.com immediately after the sale. Any bidder who wishes to change their payment method i.e. to bank transfer or cheque, must notify the Auctioneers by telephone 01752 254740 or e-mail email@example.com
ARTISTS RESALE RIGHT / DROIT DE SUITE
Droit de Suite is a royalty payable to a qualifying artist or the artist’s heirs each time a work is resold during the artist’s lifetime and up to a period of 70 years after the artist’s death.
Royalties are calculated on a sliding percentage scale based on the hammer price excluding the buyer’s premium. The royalty does not apply to lots selling below the sterling equivalent of €1,000 and the maximum royalty payable on any single lot is the sterling equivalent of €12,500 .
Droit de Suite, which is not subject to VAT, will be added to the buyer’s purchase price and then passed on to the relevant collecting agency.
For further information please contact DACS 0845 410 3410 or www.dacs.org.uk. Or Artist Collecting Society 01845 11 22 400
Please enquire for the accepted exchange rate on the day of the sale
Royalties for Droit de Suite are as follows:
4% Up to €50,000
- Plymouth Auction Rooms provides an in house packing and shipping service (where possible) on non-fragile items up to the maximum weight of 2 kilos.
- Your shipping quote will include insurance by Royal Mail upto the maximum value of £2,500. Please contact Plymouth Auction Rooms directly for more information on insurance.
- Items are shipped by Royal Mail ‘Special Delivery’.
- Quotes can be provided on request for overseas shipment which can be sent by International Track and Sign.
- Successful bidders can arrange their own shipping if required.
- Items must be paid for and collected within 7 days of the auction.
- Whilst every effort will be made to ensure items are properly packed. No responsibility can be accepted by Plymouth Auction Rooms or their staff or agents for any loss or damage in transit. Safe transit of items by hand, courier or shipper is at the sole risk of the purchaser.
For higher price purchases we may request payment by Bank Transfer, BACS or Cheque rather than Card Transaction. ID will be requested for release of goods.